Well today is Thanksgiving and of course that means that you should reflect and think about all of the things you are thankful for. I did this exact same post last year and had quite the list. Wonder if I am thankful for some of the same things I was last year. So here are 25 things that I am thankful for in 2013 in no particular order.
1. The ThinkComputers.org Community – Since last year the ThinkComputers community has grown so much. For everyone who visits the site, posts on the forums, tweets us and joins the discussion on Facebook I really do appreciate it. You guys are what keeps the site going!
2. Eating Healthy – While I’ve always eaten pretty good, these past couple of months I’ve really stepped it up as far as healthy eating. I am constantly looking at labels, counting calories, etc. Not only do I feel better, but I’ve also lost quite a bit of weight.
3. Katie & Krissy – These girls have always been there for me no matter what. Whether we are going out, having a great time together or staying up and venting about something they are there for me.
4. Google Docs & Gmail – The ability to check my e-mail and work on articles from pretty much anywhere that has an internet connection says it all.
5. Hootsuite – Hootsuite makes it so easy for me to update all of my or ThinkComputers social profiles at once. It saves me so much time.
6. Trance and EDM – This past year I have really got back into Trance music. It really is uplifting music and always puts me in a good mood. I have gone to quite a few different shows this year, but my favorite would have to be New World Punx at Echostage.
7. WordPress – WordPress is what this website and many of my other websites are based off of. It makes it so easy to create a website and content.
8. Ed – My buddy Ed and I have been through a lot in the past year. He has always been there when I needed a friend and is always a positive influence.
9. Instagram – Instagram has provided an easy way to share life experiences. I know you all love my #foodporn photos!
10. The JCC – I finally joined a gym this year and it has made a huge impact on my life. Staying fit has become a big priority to me and just like eating healthy I feel so much better. I’ll probably do a post on this, but I’ve lost 20lbs already!
11. Family – At the end of the day your family is always going to be there for you. So thankful to have loving parents who have always been supportive of what I’ve done.
12. My Sony NEX-5R – I finally decided to get a new camera this year! The Sony NEX-5R has made taking product photos so much easier and it really is a sexy camera!
13. Time – A weird thing to be thankful for right? But because I am my own boss I can make the time to reflect and relax. This is a very important thing.
14. Trader Joes – This comes back to the eating healthy thing. Trader Joes has so many healthy products. 90% of my grocery shopping is done there!
15. Entrepreneurial Friends – Many of my friends all of the world run their own businesses. I feel like many of us think differently from say my friends that I go out with. It is great to have these friends to talk business with a bounce ideas off of.
16. The Internet – Without the internet who knows what I would be doing for a job, so it is definitely something that I am thankful for.
17. The Holstee Manifesto – Click the link and read the manifesto. It is so true in every aspect. I have a poster of the Manifesto above my desk to whenever I am feeling down or not happy I look up and read it.
18. Ashley Miller – I’ve been friends with Ashley for so long! We were actually talking about this the other night, out of the people we have known since we met we are the only two that are still close friends. She’s a great friend and always there!
19. Ramen Bar – I think I’ve been to this place more times than any other restaurant in Pittsburgh. You can never go wrong with a big bowl of ramen!
20. My Job – Running my own business has been such a blast! No many people can say they enjoy what they do, its great to do what I love. It is also great to know that I am the one that controls how much money I am making.
21. The Four Hour Work Week – I’ve read many different business books, but I always seem to go back to the Four Hour Work Week when I need motivation.
22. People that I Inspire – There are many people that message me asking for advice, tell me that they look up to me and that I inspire them. It is great that even though I don’t think I’m a big deal or something like that there are people that do. You guys motivate me to keep on doing what I am doing!
23. Meat & Potatoes – Ok so Meat & Potatoes has to be my favorite restaurant in the city when it comes to food quality, flavor and atmosphere. I try to go there atleast once a month! If you haven’t been there you really need to try it out!
24. My Health – Another year older and I am still in good health. Being almost 30 and not having a major health issue is very relieving (knock on wood!).
25. New Friends – The past year and even in the past month I’ve met some really great people who have become people I hang out with all of the time. It is great to meet new people who are genuine.
Well that is my list for 2013, I could keep on going, but I think 25 is enough! Now what are you thankful for in 2013?