If you missed my previous post on the 10 Things I Could Have Done Better in 2013 make sure you check that out first so you can see what I was not so good at in 2013. As I said in that post it is the end of the year and a good time to reflect on things. Sure I made some mistakes this year, but I also think I kicked ass at a lot of things as well. So here is my list of the 10 things I kicked ass at in 2013!
1. Business as a whole – This year has been a great year for business! It is the most successful year since I started my business in 10 years ago! Feels good to really be making the type of progress I did this year.
2. Asking for more – One reason I was very successful this year in business was because I asked more. If I wanted someone to advertise on my site I would go out and ask them, instead of them coming to me. Same thing with getting certain products to review, I would go out and ask for them. I was more assertive and it worked out quite well!
3. Got out more – Whether it was hanging out with friends or just working from Panera or Starbucks I got out of the “office” much more this year. This really helped me be more productive and get more work done.
4. Did a better Job Building a Community – I really took time to build a real “community” around ThinkComputers. I built the Facebook up from 900 users to almost 9000! On top of that I have been slowly building the YouTube, Twitter and Google+ followings as well. I also am making sure that I am responding to comments and e-mails more often.
5. Was more healthy – This year I finally joined a gym and have been going regularly! This has made me feel great and actually stay fit. On top of that I have completely changed how and what I eat. Both of these things combined have enabled me to lose 20 lbs in a month!
6. Got to more EDM Shows – I love electronic music and this year I went to quite a lot of shows this year. Events like these allow me to just escape and have a great time.
7. Inspire and Make People Smile – If you are friends with me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter or Instagram you know that there are two things that I always post, food and quotes. If one of those posts makes someone’s day better then I am happy. I have made it a point to keep doing things like that.
8. Was very spontaneous – So many times before I would have to plan things out way in advance if I wanted to do them. Nowadays if someone asks me to do something I normally do it. That is the reason I went to go see New World Punx in DC. My friend asked me the night before! Since changing my ways I’ve had unexpected, yet great times.
9. Helped other with business – I made a real effort this year to help friends with their businesses. Whether it was building their website, giving them advice or even helping them get motivated. Nothing feels better than seeing your friend become successful.
10. Was a calmer and nicer person – I guess this has a lot to do with growing up. I think this past year I let a lot of the drama go. I did not let a lot of things bother me and was all around a nicer person to people.
So there is my list of things I kicked ass at in 2013! Remember no one is perfect and I was pretty bad at some things as well!